W 066/07 COB — Credit Suisse
|Address||The Gate Building, 9th Floor East, DIFC, PO Box 33660, Dubai, UAE|
|DFSA Firm Reference No.||F000011|
THE DFSA HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT:
The Rules specified in the left hand column of the table herein do not apply to the above mentioned Person in the form appearing in the Rulebook but instead apply as modified in the right hand column of the table.
The Rules specified in the left hand column are modified to the extent shown in the right hand column of the table below. In this table, underlining indicates new text and striking through indicates deleted text, otherwise the Rule remains unaltered. Where a significant number of the paragraphs of the Rule remain un-altered the entire Rule may not be reproduced in the table. In such circumstances the un-altered parts of the Rule will be referred to by the relevant identifying paragraph number or letter, as the case may be.
(1) When an Authorised Firm Executes a Transaction in an Investment for a Client, it must, subject to (4) and (5), ensure a confirmation note is sent to the Client as soon as possible and in any case no later than 2 business days following the date of Execution of the Transaction.
(2) Where an Authorised Firm has executed a Transaction or series of Transactions in accordance with COB Rule 7.5.4, the Authorised Firm must, subject to (4) and (5), send a confirmation note relating to those Transactions as soon as possible, but no later than 2 business days following the last Transaction.
(3) The confirmation note must include the details of the Transaction in accordance with App3 section A3.1.
(4) An Authorised Firm is not required to issue a confirmation note where:
(a) the Client has advised in writing that he does not wish to receive such confirmation notes; or
(b) separate arrangements are in place for the Client relating to the purchase of units or shares in a Collective Investment Fund.
(5) Where the Transaction in (1) or (2) involves a Unit, the Authorised Firm must ensure a confirmation note is sent to the Client as soon as practicable, but in any event no later than the business day following receipt from the relevant third party.
This notice comes into effect on the date of issue and remains in force until further notice.
The provisions in this notice are to be construed in accordance with GEN section 6.2 as if these provisions are provisions of the Rulebook.
Defined terms are identified in this notice by the capitalisation of the initial letter of a word or of each word in a phrase and are defined in the Glossary (GLO). Unless the context otherwise requires, where capitalisation of the initial letter is not used, an expression has its natural meaning.
THIS NOTICE IS ISSUED UNDER ARTICLE 25 OF THE REGULATORY LAW 2004 BY:
|Name :||David Knott|
|Position :||Chief Executive|
|DATE OF ISSUE :||26 August 2007|