REP 1.2 Guidance
1. Every provision of REP and any other module of the
Rulebook should be interpreted in the light of its purpose. The purpose of any provision is to be gathered first and foremost from the text of the provision in question and its context among other relevant provisions.
2. Where this section refers to a provision, this means every type of provision, including
Rules and Guidance.
3. Where reference is made in REP to another provision of the Rulebook or to another provision of
DIFC legislation, it is a reference to that provision as amended from time to time.
4. Unless the contrary intention appears:
a. words in the
Rulebook importing the masculine gender include the feminine gender and words importing the feminine gender include the masculine; and
b. words in the
Rulebook in the singular include the plural and words in the plural include the singular.
5. If a provision in the
Rulebook refers to a communication, notice, agreement, or other documents 'in writing' then, unless the contrary intention appears, it means in legible form and capable of being reproduced on paper, irrespective of the medium used. Expressions related to writing must be interpreted accordingly.
6. Any reference to 'dollars' ('$') is a reference to United States Dollars unless the contrary intention appears.
7. References to Articles made throughout the
Rulebook are references to the Regulatory Law 2004 unless otherwise stated.
8. Unless stated otherwise, a day means a calendar day. If an obligation falls on a calendar day which is either a Friday or Saturday or an official State holiday in the
DIFC, the obligation must take place on the next calendar day which is a business day.
Derived from DFSA RM68/2009 (Made January 3rd 2010). [VER1/01-10]