PRU-EPRS 1.2 Instructional Guidelines
1. In order to complete this Form
Authorised Firms should refer to the detailed Rules and guidance set out in PIB Chapter 4 and Appendix 4 to understand the rationale behind risk weighting of assets in the NTB and the relevant Rules for risk weighting.
2. Form B10A1 is a simple form requiring the Authorised Firm to report its total on-balance sheet Exposures 'E' into each of the Credit Risk Weight % buckets. The Form will automatically calculate the RWA. Firms should complete the categorisation of Credit Risk Exposures in accordance with PIB 4.10 before reporting the total Exposures 'E' in the second column of the Form.
3. PIB Section A4.10 contains detailed Rules on classifying Credit Risk Exposures ("CR Exposures") and section 4.12 contains detailed Rules for the application of Risk Weights for each category of CR Exposure. If an Authorised Firm is uncertain as to where to classify a particular Exposure, it should contact the DFSA for guidance.
4. Detailed guidance is provided at PIB section 4.9 in order to calculate the value of E to be reported in this Form. E should be reported net of any individual impairment and incorporating any changes required to incorporate the effect of acceptable
Credit Risk mitigations as set out in PIB section 4.13.
5. On-balance sheet items Form: Analyse each of the on-balance sheet items and classify them into various risk weight categories as per the applicable PIB Rules referred above. The applicable risk weight categories are listed for each of the asset groups at PIB 4.12. The total value of assets classified into a particular risk weight category should be entered in the second column — titled "Exposure - E", against the respective risk weight percentages.
6. Off-balance sheet items Form: The second linked form which deals with off-balance sheet items provides for entry of the aggregate amount of off-balance sheet items classified into categories representing a specific Credit Conversion Factor ("CCF"). Each CCF is dealt with in a separate table. All the off-balance sheet items should be analysed and classified on the basis of the CCF applicable to them in accordance with PIB A4.2. These are then analysed and classified into the various risk weights as per the Rules in PIB Section 4.12 and in line with the guidance provided above. The aggregate
Non-Trading Book amount for that particular CCF is then classified in to those pertaining to different risk weight categories. The RWA is calculated automatically by the form.
7. Securitisation Exposure Form – this form has two further linked forms. The first Form sets out details of the Securitisation Exposures ("SE"). Details of the calculation of SE are set out in detail in PIB 4.8.4.
Authorised Firms are required to report total Exposures (SE) in the second column corresponding to the appropriate risk weight as determined by PIB section 4.14.
8. The second linked form calculates the RWA for securitisations with early amortisation provisions. This form has purposely been left in free form as the
Authorised Firm will be required to manually calculate both its investors interest and the applicable RWA. The applicable Rules for the calculation of these provisions are set out at PIB section 4.14.51.
9. Capital charge on the
Non-Trading Book assets (i.e. CRCOM) is derived by multiplying the sum of risk weighted assets from the Non-Trading Book by 10%. The main form of B10A1 indicates the total Non-Trading Book risk weighted assets and the resultant CRCOM. CRCOM thus calculated is used in Form B60 for the purposes of calculating capital adequacy.
Derived from GM5/2007 (Made 16th December 2007). [VER1/12-07]