(1) This chapter is made in recognition of the application in the DIFC of Federal Law No. 20 of 2018 on Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism and Illegal Organisations, Federal Law No. 7 of 2014 on Combating Terrorism Offences and any other Federal legislation relating to money laundering, terrorist financing, the financing of unlawful organisations or sanctions non-compliance.
(2) A reference in this chapter to:
(3) The DFSA has, in respect of Relevant Persons, jurisdiction for regulation in relation to money laundering in the DIFC and the DFSA is the relevant authority that licenses and supervises Relevant Persons in the DIFC for the purposes of the Federal Anti-Money Laundering Legislation.
(4) Nothing in (3) is intended to limit any function or power conferred on another body or authority under the Federal Anti-Money Laundering Legislation.
(5) In this Part, a “Relevant Person” means: