42. Authorised Firms, Authorised Market Institutions and Financial Services
(1) The DFSA shall make Rules prescribing which kinds of Financial Services, with such modifications or limitations as may be specified may be carried on by:
(a) an Authorised Firm; and
(b) an Authorised Market Institution.
(2) The DFSA may make Rules adding to, removing activities from, or otherwise modifying the lists of Financial Services prescribed under Article 42(1).
(3) A person may carry on one or more Financial Services in or from the DIFC if such person is:
(a) an Authorised Firm whose Licence authorises it to carry on the relevant Financial Services;
(b) an External Fund Manager as defined in Article 20(5) of the Collective Investment Law 2010, in so far as its activities relate to a particular Domestic Fund that falls within Article 41(9); or
(c) an Authorised Market Institution whose Licence authorises it to carry on the relevant Financial Services.
(4) An Authorised Firm or Authorised Market Institution shall:
(a) act within the scope of its authority under its Licence; and
(b) comply with any condition or restriction applicable to its Licence.
(5) A person who is not an Authorised Firm or Authorised Market Institution shall not represent that he is such a person.