73. Powers to Obtain Information
Past version: effective from 29/11/2006 - 26/12/2011
To view other versions open the versions tab on the right
(1) The DFSA may require an Authorised Firm, Authorised Market Institution, Ancillary Service Provider Fund, auditor or any director, officer, employee or agent of such person by written notice to:
(a) give, or procure the giving of, such specified information; or
(b) produce, or procure the production of, such specified documents;
to the DFSA as the DFSA considers necessary or desirable to meet the objectives of the DFSA.
(2) The DFSA may enter the premises of any Authorised Firm, Authorised Market Institution, Ancillary Service Provider, Fund or Auditor during normal business hours or at any other time as may be agreed for the purpose of inspecting and copying information or documents stored in any form on such premises, as it considers necessary or desirable to meet the objectives of the DFSA.
(3) The DFSA may exercise its powers under Article 73(1) in respect of any person within, or outside of, the DIFC.
(4) The Court may on application by the DFSA order that: the DFSA may make a requirement under Article 73(1) outside of the jurisdiction of the DIFC in respect of a person to whom Article 73(1) applies other than an Authorised Firm, Authorised Market Institution or Ancillary Service Provider.
(5) Information given or a document produced as a result of the exercise by the DFSA of powers under Article 73 is admissible in evidence in any proceedings, provided that any such information or document also complies with any requirements relating to the admissibility of evidence in such proceedings.