PRU-EPRS 1.29 Instructional Guidelines
Past version: effective from 16/12/2007 - 13/04/2013
To view other versions open the versions tab on the right
1. All figures relating to income statement items, other expense accounts, volumes, activity levels, number of accounts or units sold/traded and any other data relating to amounts invested/deposited except outstanding balances in any of the quarterly returns must correspond to the current reporting period (quarter) and not cumulative or year-to-date amounts.
2. Section I: Classification of deposits by type of depositor: The different types of depositors for which data is to be reported are listed in the title column which render them self explanatory, except for the following specific points.
3. B170_1010 — Individuals: This refers to all the individual depositors who have made the deposits on their own name. Include also deposits made by personal investment vehicles of individual investors which usually, but are not limited to take the form of trusts, investment companies etc.
4. B170_1050 — Sovereign, sub-sovereign entities and PSEs: Include deposits raised from sovereign governments, emirate/ state / provincial governments, municipal authorities, agencies of the government which do not represent sovereign risk. Also include deposits accepted from corporate entities which are wholly or majority owned by federal/state governments.
5. B170_3010 to B160_3060 — Geographical distribution of depositors: The classification in this section is intended to be mutually exclusive. For example, reporting of deposits from the MENA, B170_3020 should not include the deposits raised from the GCC, because it is reported in the previous item.
6. B170_500T — This row titled "Total (Currency) leads to a linked form. To reach the linked form, right-click on the green cell in the right-most column of this row and choose Linked Form in the pop-up box.
7. The linked form provides for addition of any currencies which the user wishes to use for reporting deposits. To add currencies, click the icon in the first column on the left which opens a dialogue box listing the entire universe of currencies. User will choose the currencies on which reporting is required to be done by clicking on the code numbers for the currency listed in the dialogue box. The currencies thus chosen can be seen on the right hand side window. On completing the selection of all the currencies required, the user clicks OK button at the bottom of the window. This will bring the user back to the linked form where all the chosen currencies are listed. The user can then report the data regarding deposits against the selected currencies.
Derived from GM5/2007 (Made 16th December 2007). [VER1/12-07]